New digital format for the Inspection of Soil — Pest Assessment Report (PAR) form
The new digital Inspection of Soil – Pest Assessment Report (PAR) form is now available. It makes it easy for producers to submit the form to treated seed vendors as part of the process of purchasing Class 12 pesticides, and for treated seed vendors to meet the requirement to submit PAR forms to OMAFRA.
The digital Soil Inspection — Pest Assessment Report (PAR) form can be completed online and submitted electronically. The new digital form includes an online mapping tool for the required sketch of each application area at each farm property at which a Class 12 pesticide is intended to be used.
Who can use the new form?
The new digital Inspection of Soil — PAR form can be used by:
- a Professional Pest Advisor (PPA) or an Integrated Pest Management (IPM)-certified person to prepare a pest assessment report for a purchaser of Class 12 pesticides; or
- a PPA or an IPM-certified person who is also the person with the authority (either owner/operator or representative) to submit the PAR to a vendor for the purchase of Class 12 pesticides to the agricultural operation set out in the form.
Growers are required to provide a PAR form, along with other documents, for the purchase of Class 12 pesticides.
Once submitted electronically, the digital form is sent directly to the licensed treated seed vendor identified on the form, making it convenient for use by purchasers and vendors.
The hard copy version of the PDF PAR form also continues to be available online for download and printing on the Ontario Central Forms Repository website.
- Additional information on neonicotinoid-treated corn and soybean seed requirements and best management practices for reducing risks to pollinators is available at: www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/pollinator/info-crops.htm.
- Pest assessments must be done according to the Pest Assessment Guide. The guide outlines how assessments are to be conducted, sets out the minimum thresholds, and explains how to calculate the application area where the neonicotinoid-treated seeds are to be planted at the farm property.
- For instructions on how to use AgMaps to sketch a digital map of your scouting locations visitwww.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/landuse/gis/agatlas-help.htm#13.
- For information on registering for the IPM Course for Corn and Soybeans offered by University of Guelph Ridgetown Campus, visitwww.ipmcertified.ca.
- For convenience, the digital PAR form can be accessed directly by typing https://omafra.secure.force.com/PAR in your browser.
- August 4, 2017
- Class 12 Vendors - Information Updates